The Maintenance Staff would service both Residential and Day Hab Programs.
The Maintenance Staff is responsible for the completion of all assigned interior and exterior maintenance tasks including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, painting and grounds keeping.
Detail of Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Worker will include, but are not limited to the following
- Performs preventive maintenance and/or repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Repairs, retrofits, adjusts or custom makes parts for furniture.
- Refinishes/installs sheet rock, plasters and paints furniture and interior and exterior areas.
- Removes, repairs, and installs ceiling, floor and wall tiles and coverings in interior and exterior areas.
- Inspects facilities for required preventive maintenance, repairs, cleanliness or conformity with applicable agency requirements.
- Drives department van as assigned, and loads, unloads, transports and delivers supplies, equipment and personnel to assigned areas.
- Assists with the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment assigned to programs and staff.
- Conduct driver assessments authorizing staff to drive Program vehicles for the agency, and maintains and submits documentation to Director of Administration and Communication and/or designee verifying driver’s eligibility to operate agency vehicle.
- Performs custodial work as needed.
- Cleans job site area.
- Attends staff training on cleaning methods, sanitation, safety, hazard prevention, etc.
- Assists with sweeping, raking, snow/ice removal from outdoor areas.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One-Two years of prior trade experience
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Valid New York State Driver’s License and maintain it in good standing; CDL preferred but not required.
Current New York City Fire Department Certificate or be able to obtain it within two months of hire