Medicaid Service Coordinator
This is a full time position providing linkage to the individuals and their families. It ensures access to needed services such as entitlements, social, clinical, vocational, recreational and other support services. We have openings at our Pride Center in Farmingdale, as well as in New York City.
Detail of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, plan, prepare and implement individualized service plans (ISPs)
- Ensure that ISP’s are current and up-to-date and fully explained to and understood by the consumer/family
- Participate in consumer reviews and service planning meetings
- Develop and maintain thorough working knowledge of available services and support
- Facilitate and develop natural supports for people
- Act appropriately in crisis situations
- Negotiate and resolving conflicts
- Advocate for people.
- Take steps to ensure the quality of someone's living environment
- Maintain up to date ISP for the consumer
- Have an understanding of service coordination ethics and conflict of interest.
Education and/or Experience:
In order to qualify, an individual must have:
- At least ONE to TWO Years of experience in the human services field or as a case manager;
- An Associates degree with a minimum of 20 credits in the Health or Human Services field from an accredited college or university, or a degree in nursing as a Registered Nurse (RN). The Human Services field includes Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Health, Rehab Counseling, Therapeutic Recreation, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Pathology, Education, and Special Education.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent organization, writing and public relation skills
- Willingness to travel as needed to other program sites and consumer’s homes
- Drivers’ license and car a must
- Bilingual Preferred