Multiple Locations throughout NYC & L.I
Associate Executive of Programs
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, On-Call as needed
Under general direction, is responsible for ensuring the quality of medical, nursing and other health related services that is provided to each individual we serve. Provides clinical supervision to nursing staff assigned to Residences as well as Day Habs, implementing appropriate nursing care practices, standards and procedures. Ensures that all people we serve are receiving appropriate quality medical services and continuing care.
Detail of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides input into decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, orientation, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge of assigned staff.
· Provides clinical supervision to nursing staff
· Oversees training and ensures competencies.
· Recommends and implements nursing care practices, standards, and procedures agency wide
·Remains current in best practices via review of appropriate literature, attendance at professional conferences and meetings, or visitations to other providers.
· Visits each program site regularly to observe nursing staff and reviews medical records.
· Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures agency wide
· Undertakes appropriate follow-up activities with each nurse including training and professional development activities
· Conducts frequent, periodic medical reviews to ensure quality of medical care provided
· Ensures that all records are maintained in an accurate and up to date manner; and that all requirements pertaining to documentation of health history including immunizations, illness, accidents, etc., are being met
· Follows up with individual’s primary physicians, medical specialists or consultants concerning any quality of care issues that may be identified
· Recommends appropriate changes, oversees implementation and follows up to ensure compliance
· Monitors staff training initiatives in health related areas such as personal hygiene, dental hygiene, infection control, blood borne pathogen exposure control, medical orientation, adaptive equipment, vital signs, First Aid, CPR, etc. to ensure that staff are appropriately trained and kept up to date
· Serves as a standing member of Agency-wide committees
· Keeps abreast of changes in field
· Ensures that nursing staff are well versed in curricula presented in health related training programs and that nursing staff oversight and direction in residences is consistent with training curricula
· Oversees and coordinates medication administration program to ensure that all staff are well trained and up to date in their certifications
·Participates in follow up activities resulting from medication errors including any corrective action which may be necessary
· Assumes leadership role with respect to health related issues
· Acts as a Registered Nurse as needed
· Functions as a resource to agency on health related matters
· Performs other related duties as requested
Education and/or Experience:
· Associate Degree in Nursing Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· At least three years of experience as a Registered Nurse in the delivery of community-based health services to individuals with developmental disabilities
· At least three years of supervisory experience
Other Skills and Qualifications:
·License and current registration as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York
·Valid New York State Driver’s License and maintain it in good standing
· CPR & First Aid Certrificate