WORKFORCE TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
At Human First, we are committed to providing necessary trainings for employees to ensure maximum performance in the workplace. Our classroom instruction and in-service trainings are provided by certified instructors and top subject matter experts.
Upon joining our agency, all staff are required to attend a three-day orientation focusing on:
- Corporate Compliance
- Abuse Prevention
- Individual Rights
- Fire Safety
- Choice & Skill Development
Human First’s orientation program reflects a comprehensive approach to the competencies necessary for staff to fulfill their new and diverse roles. Additionally, it builds a solid foundation to best serve our individuals with quality, integrity and respect.
Further trainings are required throughout the year based on specific job responsibilities. These include:
- CPR/First Aid training
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention-Revised (SCIP-R)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP)
- Prevention of Choking and Aspiration
- Medicaid Service Coordinator state-mandated trainings