Crisis Intervention is a program for participants with intense behavioral problems.
Who is At Risk?
Individuals experiencing major life changes, such as transitioning to a new school, day program, residence or caregiver which may result in behaviors that disrupt an individual’s optimal functioning.
How an Emergency is Determined:
When there is a need for
- Immediate alternative day or residential placement;
- Immediate specialized clinical services (medical, behavioral, or habilitation) due to an individual’s behavioral issues or family/primary caregiver factors.
Human First’s Approach
We offer a comprehensive approach to eliminating issues leading to the crisis situation, including:
- Initial assessment of individual and family/primary caregiver by a staff psychologist;
- 1:1 intervention provided by a Crisis Intervention Specialist for a total of 15 hours per month;
- Development of effective behavioral strategies by our Behavior Management specialists to assist families and caregivers with coping mechanisms.
Crisis Intervention services are currently provided in our Queens, New York location.