Medicaid Service Coordination (MSC) is a Medicaid State Plan provided by the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). This support service assists individuals with developmental disabilities in gaining access to home, community-based and entitlement services to meet their needs.
Using a person-centered approach, Human First’s highly qualified service coordinators develop an Individualized Support Plan (ISP) emphasizing the individuals’ choice in determining their goals and the supports they receive to meet those goals. Our service coordinators regularly advocate for Human First’s individuals to make sure they’re successfully progressing toward their goals.
MSC is available in all five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau and Suffolk counties. To be eligible, a person must:
- Have a documented diagnosis of a developmental disability;
- Be enrolled only in Medicaid (not a separate long-term service coordination program);
- Have eligibility through OPWDD and their Front Door program;
- Demonstrate a need for ongoing and comprehensive service coordination;
- Choose to receive MSC or have written consent on behalf of an authorized individual;
- Live outside of an Intermediate Care Facility, Developmental Center, Psychiatric Hospital, Small Residential Unit, Nursing Facility, hospital, or other Medicaid funded setting that provides service coordination.
For more information, please fill out our Contact Us form, and an intake coordinator will be in touch immediately. Please specify that you are interested in Service Coordination in the comments section on the form, and list your area of residence (New York City or Long Island).
To reach our Service Coordinators directly, please call 631-321-1101 (Long Island) or 212-480-9169 for New York City Service Coordination.